This week I finished a second playthrough of what I am now calling version 1.0! The biggest change since 0.16 is the addition of “quick-save” almost anywhere, a frequently requested feature. I’m hoping some brave commanders will give it a try before I promote it to the default branch in about a week (if nothing horribly broken is uncovered). Here are the instructions on how to opt-in.
Here’s what’s new since Beta 0.16:
- Quick save system: player can now save when not in combat with F5
- Option to disable autosave on warp
- New sector environments, minor improvement to nebula performance
- Updates to various late game missions
- Additional missions
- New space artifacts
- New anomalies
- New reputation effects
- New achievement
- Improve mission log performance
- Procedural generation now detects and re-rolls invalid universe (e.g., missing min number of particular anomaly)
- Aggro due to friendly fire effects shortened, clamped per incident
- Numerous bug fixes
Until next week! You can always find me on Twitter, Discord or the game’s Steam Forums.