After last weekend’s showcasing the game at BostonFIG, I spent the beginning of the week testing and then posting Beta 0.16 to the opt-in branch on Steam. This was a relatively quick Beta milestone compared to previous because I plan to promote this one to the default branch in the next week. This will be the first main release that includes a conclusion to the main story.
Here are the changes since Beta 0.15:
- Five new mini missions with related anomalies
- New end game rift effect- Increased max zoom
- Increased havok damage
- Additional mission progress logs
- Controller cruise option
- New Lumae capital ship
- Discovery RP scales moderately with progress
- Objectives stay highlighted on HUD beyond 1500 AU
- Minor gameplay tweaks
- Increased Lumae spawn rate
Apart from that, I spent time recording footage for an updated trailer that will show-off some features that didn’t exist when the Early Access trailer was created.
Until next week! You can always reach me on Twitter, Discord or the game’s Steam Forums.